Currency: Pound Sterling
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +0 hours during Standard Time
UTC/GMT +1 hour during Daylight Saving Time
Bath has a temperate climate with warm summers and some rainfall in all months. July and August are the warmest months with temperatures averaging 21 °C (69.8 °F). In winter temperatures average 1 °C (34°F) .The annual average temperature is approx. 10°C (50°F).
- The world’s first postmark was stamped at Bath on May 2nd 1840. The letter was addressed to a house in Peckham, London.
- Jane Austen lived in Bath from 1801 to 1806.
- Romans were the first to live in Bath, indulging themselves in the thermal springs.
- The Pulteney Bridge in Bath is one of only four bridges in the world with shops across the full length and both sides.
- The city of Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.