Currency: Pound Sterling
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +0 hours during Standard Time
UTC/GMT +1 hour during Daylight Saving Time
The weather in Chester is fairly moderate year-round. The most pleasant time of year to visit Chester is from April through September. There is always a chance of rain; however major downpours are not very common. December, January, and February are typically the wettest months.
- Chester Racecourse is Britain’s oldest sporting venue. The first race was held there in 1539.
- Chester is sometimes referred to as "The Walled City" as its medieval walls form the most complete circuit of medieval walls around any town or city in England.
- St Werburgh is the patron saint of Chester.
- Chester Cathedral is the North West of England’s most popular tourist attraction.
- Chester has the only surviving rock cut Roman Shrine in England.