What to eat in London?
Due to London’s multicultural population, modern London’s food influence comes from all over the world and international cuisine is widely available. Traditional foods are still immensely popular, and no visit to London is complete without sampling the city’s classic regional dishes.
- Tea and scones: An English cream tea of scones, clotted cream and strawberry jam from a traditional tea room.
- Roast Dinner: Enjoying a traditional roast dinner of beef Wellington with Yorkshire pudding is an absolute must in London, or anywhere in England for that matter.
- Eel or Meat Pie: Eel, Pie and Mash houses have been around since the 18th century. Tuck into a steaming plate of pie for a real taste of traditional London.
- Fish n Chips: The original English street food, especially popular enjoyed by the sea side.
- International foods: With England’s long colonial history, it’s not surprising that some of the world’s best curries, falafels and kebabs can be found at London’s restaurants, markets and