What to see in Lyon?
As major silk-manufacturing town since the 17th century and the silk capital of the world, Lyon is known for its silk products. You’ll see plenty of silk workshops and stores across the city. Lyonnaise silk products like scarves, ties and robes, make beautiful gifts that are sure to delight.
- Notre Dame Basilica: Lyon’s architecture is some of the best in Western Europe. Don’t miss the stunning Notre Dame Basilica, the most iconic building in the city.
- Place Bellecour: Lyon’s public square and the largest pedestrian square in Europe, this is a dynamic hub of the city.
- Museums: Lyon has a wealth of museums thanks to its centuries-old traditions and history. Visit the Museum of Fine Arts, the Museum of Contemporary Art and the Museum of Textiles, featuring European silk production and the styles that originate in Lyon.
- Traditional bistros (bouchons): Relax at one of Lyon’s famous bistros with a delicious hearty dish.
- Parc de la Tete d'Or: The largest outdoor park in France, this is one of the top tourist attractions in Lyon thanks to its large open spaces and boating lake, perfect for a day of outdoor activities or relaxing.