Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
The weather in Nice is pleasant all year round. Summer (June to August) is hot and sunny with average daily temperatures somewhere between 24°C and 27°C (75°F and 81°F). Rainfall is rare at this time of year. October is the wettest month. The average low during winter in Nice scarcely falls below 7°C (45°F). The city receives some rain in the winter months, but wet days are interspersed with frequent sunny days. During Spring, from March to May, the weather in Nice is sunny and pleasant. During this time the average high stands at 16°C (61°F).
- Nice is believed to be one of the oldest human settlements in the world.
- Promenade des Anglais is named after the 18th century English tourists who loved to visit Nice in the summer, and commissioned the building of the promenade that runs along the edge of the beach.
- The number of museums in Nice is second only to Paris.
- Nice is famous for its annual Jazz Festival, held since 1948. The festival is one of the French Riviera’s biggest annual events.
- Nice is the fifth largest city in France.