What to eat in Paris?
The French take their food very seriously, and a visit to Paris is not complete without a classic French cuisine experience in one of the countless bistros, cafes or restaurants.
- Pain au chocolat: This delicious, buttery, chocolate-filled croissant is a local favourite.
- Crepes: Super-thin pancakes with sweet or savoury fillings, you can find this popular street food on almost every corner in Paris.
- Escargot: Tender snails cooked in butter, garlic and herbs.
- Cheese (fromage): Local fromageries are everywhere in Paris and cheese is eaten after most meals. The French are the largest cheese consumers in the world.
- Croque-Monsieur: A grilled ham and cheese sandwich, served with a fried or poached egg on top.