Population: Approx. 691,000
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1
Frankfurt’s weather is some of the warmest in Germany. The temperate oceanic climate brings mild summers and cooler winters with a yearly average temperature of about 10°C (50°F). Temperatures rarely reach above 25°C (77°F) in summer (June – August) and the daily average temperature in winter is 5°C (41°F).
June is the sunniest month to visit Frankfurt, with an average of 230 hours of sunshine and while rainfall is moderate throughout the year, it usually passes quickly and won’t stop you getting out and enjoying Frankfurt’s attractions.
- Frankfurt is home to over 400 banks, including the European Central Bank, and continental Europe’s biggest Stock Exchange.
- Frankfurt International Airport serves more international destinations than any other airport in the world.
- One in four Frankfurt locals do not hold a German passport, making it a very multicultural city.
- Frankfurt is regarded as the jazz capital of Europe.
- The Frankfurt Book Fair is the largest book and media trade fair in the world.