Population: 1.3 million
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1
Munich’s weather is cold in winter and mild in summer with July and August being the hottest months and December and January being the coldest. In summer, temperatures average between 21 and 23°C during the day and winter temperatures range from around -4°C overnight to 3°C during the day. Rainfall is pretty constant throughout the year in Munich, with as much as 110mm of rain falling in the summer months alone, so be sure to pack an umbrella for your Munich vacation just in case.
- Beer is officially recognised as a food in Bavaria!
- Oktoberfest actually starts in September.
- The proper German name for Munich is München although locals nickname it Minga.
- One of the most iconic German car manufacturers, BMW has its headquarters in Munich.
- Munich is Germany’s most popular tourist destination after Berlin.