Time Zone: UTC/GMT +2
The stunning Mediterranean climate makes Mykonos a popular Greek holiday destination almost all year round. Summer weather in Mykonos is hot and dry, with temperatures ranging from 20°C (68°F) at night to over 30°C (86°F) during the day. The hottest months and the peak tourist season are in July and August, while the wettest months are December to February when temperatures range from 8°C (46°F) overnight and 14 - 16°C (57 - 60°F) during the day. However, with over 300 sunny days per year you’re sure to get the most out of your sightseeing in Mykonos at almost any time of the year.
- Mykonos has a total area of 105.2 square kilometres or 40.6 square miles.
- In Greek mythology, Mykonos was the location of the battle between Zeus and the Titans.
- There are only 31 taxis on the island of Mykonos.
- Mykonos is one of the top four gay and lesbian tourist destinations in the world.
- The island has a mascot, Petros the Pelican, who can usually be found at the waterfront or in the town centre.