Population: City - 1,299,633 (2008); Metro - 3,695,148 (2008)
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
The climate in Milan is typically Mediterranean, with hot, sunny summers and cold, damp winters. July and August are the hottest months with temperatures tending to stay around 30°C (86°F). Milan's low seasons tend to fall between April to June and September to October. Spring and Autumn have the most pleasant temperatures and are the best times to visit Milan.
- Milan is considered the fashion centre of the world and is home to headquarters of some of the leading fashion designers, including Gucci, Prada, Armani, Versace, and Dolce & Gabbana.
- Milan is the only city in Europe whose football teams have won both the European Cup and the Intercontinental Cup. Both the teams play at Giuseppe Meazza - San Siro Stadium.
- Milan’s La Scala Opera House is Europe’s premier Opera House with a seating capacity of over 2,000.
- The Duomo Cathedral is the fourth largest cathedral in the world.
- Celtic tribe of the Insubres founded the ancient city of Milan, but later it was occupied by the Romans in 2nd century BC.