Language: English and Irish Gaelic
Currency: Pound Sterling
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +0 hours
Belfast’s weather is mild all year round with cool winters (December to February) and warm summers (June to August). The average daily temperature in summer is 18°C (64°F), with night temperatures dropping to about 11°C (52°F). Temperatures average around 7°C (44°F) in the winter months and rarely drop below 1 or 2°C (34 or 35°F) at night. The wettest month on average is July, however an umbrella will come in handy whenever you visit Belfast, as rainfall is fairly constant through out the year.
- John Wood Dunlop invented the pneumatic tyre in Belfast.
- One third of Northern Ireland’s population lives in Belfast.
- There are over 3,000 acres (1,214 hectares) of parkland in Belfast.
- The Belfast shipyard of Harland & Wolff, where the Titanic was built, contains the world’s largest dry-dock.
- The name Belfast comes from the Irish Béal Feirste, meaning ‘mouth of the sandbanks’.