Population: 240, 099 (2011)
Time Zone: UTC/GMT +1 hour
The weather in Granada makes it an extremely appealing holiday destination. The city enjoys a typically Mediterranean climate, with plenty of sunshine, mild winters and hot summers. Summer temperatures average around 25°C (77°F) and can peak around 40°C (104°F). Autumn and Spring bring extremely pleasant weather and both are popular times to visit Granada.
- The pomegranate is the symbol of the city.
- There are many mysterious, walled gardens hidden throughout the Granada.
- Granada has a Muslim, Jewish and Christian historical legacy.
- The residents of Granada are called Granadinos.
- Granada was the last stronghold of Muslim Spain and fell to the Catholic Kings in 1492 after almost 800 years of Arab occupation.