Population: 625,000 (2011)
Currency: US Dollar
Time Zone: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Summers in Boston are warm and humid. Rainfall is frequent throughout the year. Average temperatures in summer are around 23ºC (74ºF). Snow falls regularly throughout the winter, with temperatures averaging around -1.5 ºC (29.3 ºF).
- The Boston Latin School, established in 1635, is the oldest existing school in the entire country, and was the country’s first public school.
- Alexander Bell made history’s first phone call from his Boston shop in 1876.
- In 1634, Boston Common was declared America’s first ever public park.
- Boston is home to America’s first ever subway, built in 1897.
- Boston was a key location during the American Revolution.