Population: 3.82 million (2011)
Currency: US Dollar
Time Zone: UTC/GMT -8
The climate in LA is known to vary considerably from up in the Hollywood Hills to the lower lying areas. Summer in LA tends to be
warm and dry with blue skies and around 25°C (77°F). Winter and spring, though cooler and wetter with average temperatures around 18°C
(64.4°F) are pleasant times to visit LA, although can be prone to rainstorms.
- Residents of LA are called Angelenos.
- As the home of the entertainment industry, there are more artists (actors, writers, musicians, etc) living in LA than in any other
- LA has more than 80 theatres and 300 museums – more than any other US city.
- Los Angeles’ nicknames include City of Angels, Lalaland and LA.
- LA’s Disneyland was launched by the famous animator Walt Disney in 1955.