Join Chelsea Winter, celebrity chef and dedicated foodie,
on this specially created guided holiday of France.
Pop the cork for a sparkling encounter with Paris and travel to the most charming villages France has to offer.
Journey through the romantic Loire Valley to a healthy helping of Bordeaux, to Carcassonne with its enchanting city walls, marvelling at Avignon’s famous bridge and meandering along Pont du Gard. Soak up the glamour of Monaco before a final fling in Milan, the world’s fashion and design capital.
Departing on Friday 24 August 2018.
- Including economy class return airfares with Singapore Airlines and 1 night Singapore stopover.
- One departure only. 20 days from 24 August – 12 September, priced from $10,990 per person twin share.
Limited seats, secure your place now.
- Economy class return airfares with Singapore Airlines. Opportunity to upgrade to Premium Economy and Business Class (limited seats on Singapore Airlines).
- Singapore stopover for one night, including half day sightseeing.
- 15 night Trafalgar custom-made itinerary travelling through France and into Northern Italy staying in hand-picked 4 star hotels in twin bedded rooms with private facilities.
- “Be My Guest” (BMG) highlight meals in the Loire Valley including wine tasting at a picturesque 17th century chateau and in a converted historical mill on the banks of the River Sorgue.
- Buffet breakfasts daily (16).
- Lunches in Paris and Aix en Provence.
- Three course dinners (10) in local restaurants and hotels including a welcome and farewell dinner.
- Services of an expert Trafalgar Travel Director in France and Italy.
- Local Specialists in Paris, Giverny, St Malo, Carcassonne, Arles, Milan.
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats. VOX audio system throughout, WiFi on coach (where available).
- Group Airport transfers in Singapore, Paris and Milan.
- Tips and gratuities to the Travel Director and Driver in France and Italy.
- All hotel service charges, local taxes, baggage handling in hotels (one bag only) and hotel tips (excluding Singapore).
- Wallet containing comprehensive travel documents.
- Group photo.
Day 1 Friday 24 August AUCKLAND – SINGAPORE
Meet at Singapore Airlines Check-in at the Auckland International Airport where we are introduced to Chelsea Winter before boarding our Singapore Airlines flight to Singapore. On arrival in Singapore, you are met by an awaiting coach and transferred to your hotel.
Day 2 – Saturday 25 August IN SINGAPORE (B)
Day 3 Sunday 26 August SINGAPORE – PARIS (D)
Day 4 Monday 27 August PARIS (BB D)
Day 5 Tuesday 28 August PARIS (BB L)
Day 6 Wednesday 29 August PARIS – GIVERNY – ST MALO (BB D)
Day 7 Thursday 30 August ST MALO (BB)
Day 8 Friday 31 August ST MALO – LOIRE VALLEY (TOURS) (BB BMG)
Day 9 Saturday 01 September LOIRE VALLEY – BORDEAUX (BB D)
Day 10 Sunday 02 September BORDEAUX: DORDOGNE EXCURSION (BB D)
Day 11 Monday 03 September BORDEAUX – CARCASSONNE (BB)
Day 12 Tuesday 04 September CARCASSONNE – AVIGNON (BB D)
Day 13 Wednesday 05 September AVIGNON (BB BMG)
Day 14 Thursday 06 September AVIGNON (BB)
Day 15 Friday 07 September AVIGNON –NICE (BB L)
Day 16 Saturday 08 September NICE: MONACO EXCURSION (BB D)
Day 17 Sunday 09 September NICE – MILAN (BB D)
Day 18 Monday 10 September DEPART MILAN (BB)
Day 19 Tuesday 11 September SINGAPORE - AUCKLAND
Terms and conditions
The costs are based on specially negotiated airfares on which special conditions apply and on twin share accommodation. There are a limited number of singles available at a supplement cost. Room Share is available on request (conditions apply).
Single Supplement: $1,905 (total trip price: $12,895)
Reservations and payment: On receipt of a $1000 non-refundable deposit per person, Trafalgar will
confirm your land reservation. Final payment must be received 60 days prior to departure from New
Zealand. If payment is not received by the due date, Trafalgar reserves the right to cancel the reservation and apply the appropriate cancellation charges.
Changes to trip costs: Trip costs are based on exchange rates as at February 2018 and are subject
to change. Should these rates or costs change, it may be necessary to make a surcharge on the cost of the trip. No surcharge will be made in respect of currency fluctuation once full payment has been received. This guarantee does not apply to fuel surcharges or to any taxes, charges or levies imposed by any government or their agencies. Airfare costs are subject to minimum passenger numbers and may change. Auckland, Singapore and Paris taxes are included and are correct
as at February 2018 and are subject to change until
group is ticketed.
Before you join the trip: Travel documents and instructions for joining your trip will be sent to you
approximately 3 weeks before your trip commences provided full payment has been received. Please read the documents and trip literature which are sent to you, in an attractive passport wallet, before departure— they contain a wealth of advice and essential information to make your holiday as enjoyable as possible.
Changes to trip itineraries: Trafalgar constantly tries to improve trip itineraries and trip features.
If improvements can be made, or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control make changes
necessary, we reserve the right to vary itineraries and substitute hotels. This special departure is based on a minimum of 25 passengers and in the unlikely event that we have to cancel your reservation because of insufficient numbers booked we will use our best endeavours to offer an alternative holiday of similar standard. If you do not accept the alternative a full refund of all monies paid to Trafalgar will be made.
Cancellations, refunds & booking changes: Notice of cancellation must be in writing either directly to Trafalgar or through your travel agent. A $1000 fee per person will be charged for all cancellations. Any changes to air arrangements after tickets issued will incur a $125 fee per person per change. Additionally, the following scale of charges will apply when cancellation is notified within 60 days of trip departure from NZ. The charges apply to the land content only.
Airfare and stopover cancellation and amendment fees are as levied by suppliers.
No. of days before
Cancellation charges as a
percentage of total price
Over 60 days
$1000 per person
Day of departure
Cancellation fees shown above are additional to any fees levied by your Travel Agent. In the event you have to withdraw from a trip after it has begun for reasons such as illness, be sure to obtain a medical certificate in support of any insurance claim. We regret that we are not able to make any refunds for absences from the trip, including but not limited to unused hotel
accommodation, meals or sightseeing.
Insurance: We recommend that you purchase insurance coverage for the duration of your holiday
including airfare cancellation, baggage and medical coverage.
Optional return dates: The international airfare on which this trip is based allows individual passengers to return independently on a space available basis. There is a fee of $125 per person for this and also a separate costing may apply.
Passports and visas: A current passport endorsed as valid for all countries to be visited is essential. All passengers must hold a machine-readable passport and applicable visas. Foreign passport holders must be in possession of a New Zealand Re-entry Permit, if applicable. Please note that passport and visa requirements are not the responsibility of the Tour Operator.
Your trip cost does not include:
- NZ domestic flights
- Passport and visa charges
- Meals other than those specified on day by day itinerary
- Items of a personal nature i.e. beverages, laundry, phone calls etc
- Optional excursions
- Travel insurance
- Some gratuities on the trip (at the discretion of the individual traveller)
- Accommodation prior to departure from Auckland
- Single rooms unless the facility has been reserved and paid for at the time of booking