This unique itinerary encompasses the best of England’s country gardens. Weaving through some of England’s prettiest villages, your journey will take you to famous places such as Anne Hathaway’s cottage in Shakespeare’s Stratford-Upon-Avon, the botanic gardens in historic Oxford and the charming Roman city of Bath.
Day 1: Arrive London (3 nights)
After your arrival into London Heathrow and transfer to your central London Hotel, why not explore the city of London? Whether you stroll through one of the Royal Parks, shop in the vibrant West End or visit one of the world-famous historical attractions, London has plenty to keep you entertained. At 4.00pm meet your Travel Director and fellow companions to see some of London’s most famous sights, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. Enjoy a traditional English pub Welcome Reception.
Meal: Welcome Reception
Day 2: Kew Gardens & Chelsea Physic Garden
Today we visit Kew Gardens, London’s largest UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to the world’s most diverse collection of living plants and a scientific research centre of international renown. Perfectly in bloom in May here we explore the stunning grounds and architecture. This afternoon, enjoy an included visit to Chelsea Physic Garden, the oldest botanic garden in London.
Meal: English Breakfast
Day 3: RHS Chelsea Flower Show
Your morning transfer takes you to the famous RHS Chelsea Flower Show! The show will bring together the very best show gardens, flowers and horticultural skills from around the world. You will be able to see magnificent floral displays, model gardens, tools and a host of garden structures and artifacts. There will be extensive displays with areas to learn about plants and growing flowers. Tonight consider joining your Travel Director for dinner at a lively restaurant or perhaps take in a West End show?
Meal: English Breakfast
Day 4: London-Oxford (3 nights)
Travel to the pleasant RHS Garden Wisley. Renowned as the flagship garden of the Royal Horticultural Society, Wisley captures the imagination with richly planted borders, luscious rose gardens and the state-of-the-art glasshouse. Here you will enjoy a guided walking tour. You will then have free time for lunch in one of the restaurants in the grounds. View the world’s oldest and largest inhabited castle during your visit to Windsor, scene of the wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. Why not enjoy a stroll along the banks of the river or shop for Royal souvenirs? Later arrive at the oldest university city in England, Oxford. Dine tonight at your hotel.
Meal: English Breakfast & Dinner with Wine
Hotel: Oxford Spires/Belfry Hotel/Oxford Holiday Inn
Day 5: Oxford and Free Time
Enjoy a stroll with your Local Specialist around Oxford’s historic University Colleges, where you’ll see where Britain’s elite students receive their outstanding education. Visit the University of Oxford Botanic Garden, the oldest in Britain and one of the oldest scientific gardens in the world. The rest of the day is yours to explore this university city.
Meal: English Breakfast
Hotel: Crowne Plaza
Day 6: Stratford-upon-Avon Excursion
Walk in the footsteps of the magnificent playwright, poet and actor, William Shakespeare, where you’ll enjoy a fascinating visit to his birthplace. Hear tales of his family life from the costumed guides and admire rare artefacts from the Trusts world class collections. Continue to Anne Hathaway’s Cottage & Gardens. See this historical English home — a thatched farmhouse containing original Tudor furniture — where Shakespeare courted his former bride. Meander the cottage’s gardens and grounds overflowing with fragrant blooms and traditional shrubs.
Meal: English Breakfast
Day 7: Oxford – Bourton-on-the-Water – Bibury – Painswick – Bath
Visit Bourton-on-the-Water, one of the prettiest villages in England with its attractive bridges that cross the gently flowing River Windrush. Then onto the charming village of Bibury; a wonderfully attractive setting along the River Coln. Admire Arlington Row, the quaint group of weavers’ cottages dating back to the 16th Century. Visit Painswick for its Rococo Garden, the country’s sole surviving example. Enjoy a traditional Afternoon Tea prior to arrival in the UNESCO World Heritage City of Bath, where you’ll check in to your hotel and enjoy your evening at leisure. EB, AT
Meals: English Breakfast & Afternoon Tea
Hotel: Apex City Centre/Hilton City Bath
Day 8: Bath – Wells – London
See the impressive Abbey and visit the Roman Baths from which the town derives its name. Continue to Wells and visit Bishop’s Palace, which has been the home of the Bishops of the Diocese of Bath and Wells for 800 years. Enjoy the beautiful and tranquil gardens hidden within the ramparts of the Palace. Return to London where you will enjoy a Farewell Dinner.Meals: English Breakfast & Farewell Dinner
Day 9: Depart London
Say goodbye to your fellow travelers at the end of your holiday. Airport transfers are available to Heathrow.
Meals: English Breakfast
Your Included Sights
- City tour of London – view Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace
- Tickets to the RHS Chelsea Flower Show
- See the charming villages of the Cotswolds
- Visit Chelsea Physic Garden, the Garden Museum, the University of Oxford Botanic Garden, Shakespeare’s Birthplace and Anne Hathaway’s Cottage, the Roman Baths, Wells Bishops Palace Gardens, RHS Wisely Garden
- Orientation of Windsor, Bath
Your insider experiences
- Guided walking tour of RHS Gardens Wisley, the flagship gardens of the Royal Horticultural Society
- Local Specialist: for included sightseeing in London, Oxford, Stratford-upon-Avon
- Guided visit of Ragley Hall state rooms, home of the 9th Marquess and Marchioness of Hertford, and visit its gardens
- Guided tour of Painswick Rocco Gardens, in the heart of the Cotswolds
- Hidden Treasure: Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure
Your First Class Highlights
- Hand-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Daily breakfast and 3 dinners included
- Afternoon Tea included
- Exclusive Insider Experiences
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your Trafalgar London hotel
- London airport transfer service is available. Conditions apply
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most countries or alternative transportation
Terms and Conditions
Booking Deposit & Final Payment: A non-refundable deposit of US$200 is due within 7 days of booking. Full balance is due no later than 70 days prior to departure. For bookings made within 70 days of departure full payment is due within 48 hours.
Fares: All fares are quoted in US Dollars. Fares include transport, entrance fees as per itinerary, plus services of a driver and Travel Director and meals as specified. (This holiday EXCLUDES airfares).
Accommodation: Hotel accommodation includes twin bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges, baggage handling fees and local taxes. Single rooms are available on request basis and a single supplement applies.
Cancellation penalties apply:
• For cancellations over 70 days prior to departure date = Loss of deposit
• For cancellations 59 - 22 days prior to departure date = 25% of total price
• For cancellations 21 - 8 days prior to departure date = 30% of total price
• For cancellations 7 - 1 days prior to departure date = 50% of total price
• For cancellations day of departure / no show = 100% of total price
Further cancellation fees may apply.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend that passengers purchase travel insurance.
Passports & Visas: It is the responsibility of each individual passenger to have a valid passport and necessary visas, as well as to comply with entry, health or other requirements for the counties visited.
Whilst information is correct at time of printing, trips are subject to change. For full terms and conditions please contact Trafalgar at www.trafalgar.com or contact your local Travel agent.