Visit the filming locations of the much-loved and world-renowned Edwardian period drama, “Downton Abbey”
Step back in time through some of the filming locations of the popular TV series and experience beautiful English countryside settings.
Day 1: Arrive London
Welcome to London, capital of Great Britain. Relax after check-in at your centrally located hotel or take a stroll down Oxford Street – one of the most famous shopping streets in the world. Meet your Travel Director and fellow travellers this evening for a Welcome Reception at a traditional British pub.
Meal: Welcome Reception
Hotel: Cumberland / The Grosvenor
Day 2: London Sightseeing – Oxford (2 nights)
This morning enjoy an included half-day morning sightseeing tour featuring Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace. See the Changing of the Guard before the tour finishes in central London for free time at lunch. Later travel to the city of dreaming spires – Oxford. A short walking orientation of the city will show you the main sights and give you the opportunity to admire the magnificent architectural highlights of one of the world’s greatest and oldest universities.
Meal: Full Breakfast
Hotel: Holiday Inn
Day 3: Excursion to Blenheim Palace, Cogges Farm and Bampton
Today enjoy a full-day excursion into the picturesque Cotswold countryside to discover some of the film locations and stories behind Downton Abbey. First, visit the impressive Blenheim Palace which was built for the 1st Duke of Marlborough. This historic stately home is the birthplace of Sir Winston Churchill and features interiors designed by Sir Christopher Wren. Discover how the British aristocracy lived and gain an insight into the ‘upstairs and downstairs’ of class conscious life. Enjoy some free time after the visit of the house to take in the beautiful gardens. Later, visit Cogges Farm (Yew Tree Farm), one of the filming locations, where you’ll explore the great house and historic farm buildings. Immerse yourself in the dramatic storyline and come to appreciate old ways and the relationships between land owners and tenant farmers. Finally, stop in the village of Bampton, the location of much of the filming of the TV drama series, Downtown Abbey, including the on-screen hospital and doctor’s surgery, as well as St. Mary’s Church. Later return to your hotel in Oxford.
Meals: Full Breakfast
Day 4: Oxford – Highclere Castle, London
Today’s highlight is a visit to the magnificent Highclere Castle, undoubtedly the highlight of your trip. Enjoy a tour of the castle’s public rooms, the main hall, library and sitting rooms, the scenic gardens and consider visiting the tea rooms before your return to London. This evening is a Farewell Dinner at a local restaurant with a toast to your unforgettable Edwardian experience. FB, FD
Meal: Full Breakfast, Farewell Dinner
Hotel: Cumberland / The Grosvenor
Day 5: Depart London
After breakfast, say farewell to London and your newfound friends as you prepare to return home after your Edwardian escape. Transfers are provided to London Heathrow Airport.
Meals: Full Breakfast
Your Included Sights
- City tour in London: View Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace
- Orientation of Oxford, Bampton and visit Cogges Farm
- Visit Blenheim Palace and its gardens
- Visit Highclere Castle including the Egyptian Exhibition and Gardens
Your insider experiences
- Cultural Insight: Visit the magnificent Highclere Castle for a step back to Edwardian times, one of the filming locations from popular TV drama series, Downton Abbey
- Local Specialist: For included sightseeing in London
- Hidden Treasure: Enjoy at least one surprise Hidden Treasure
Your First Class Highlights
- Must-see sightseeing and Hidden Gems
- An expert Travel Director and a dedicated Driver
- Hand-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Immersive Insider Experiences
- All porterage and restaurant gratuities
- Daily breakfast and 50% of evening meals
- All hotel tips, charges and local taxes
- Audio headsets for flexible sightseeing
- The services of a Trafalgar Local Host at your Trafalgar London hotel
- London airport transfer service is available. Conditions apply
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi
Terms and Conditions
Fares: All fares are quoted in US Dollars. Fares include transport, entrance fees as per itinerary, plus services of a driver and Travel Director and meals as specified. (This holiday EXCLUDES airfares).
Accommodation: Hotel accommodation includes twin bedded rooms with private facilities, all hotel service charges, baggage handling fees and local taxes. Single rooms are available on request basis and a single supplement applies.
Cancellation penalties apply:
• For cancellations over 70 days prior to departure date = Loss of deposit
• For cancellations 59 - 22 days prior to departure date = 25% of total price
• For cancellations 21 - 8 days prior to departure date = 30% of total price
• For cancellations 7 - 1 days prior to departure date = 50% of total price
• For cancellations day of departure / no show = 100% of total price
Further cancellation fees may apply.
Travel Insurance: We strongly recommend that passengers purchase travel insurance.
Passports & Visas: It is the responsibility of each individual passenger to have a valid passport and necessary visas, as well as to comply with entry, health or other requirements for the counties visited.
Whilst information is correct at time of printing, trips are subject to change. For full terms and conditions please contact Trafalgar at www.trafalgar.com or contact your local Travel agent.